I left off at back to school night, but yes, Cohen did actually enter Kindergarten. The first month or so has gone magnificently. In fact today his job is "flag holder", we practiced all weekend and he's darn good. Other than holding flags high Cohen loves recess, pizza day, his teacher, Spanish, learning to write, his seat sack, and Ava. Yep, he has a girlfriend (or special friend if you're me referring to Ava). She is darling, and has googly eyes for Cohen as well. He has already received a proposal, much to Ava's Daddy's dismay. Her parents are awesome, I've had coffee with her mom Jamie twice now, and her dad happens to be from Oconomowoc so when not working out an appropriate dowry her Dad and Scott enjoy talking about all things Wisconsin.
We've met other parents as well through Birthday parties, school volunteering, and the annual school Marathon which we participated in last weekend. We've been busy with all that school has added and are so glad to love the school even more now that he goes there. My favorite thing to do on my days off is after school drop off and pick up (coming in a close second is spoiling the heck out of Sean now that he's big man at the house on Wednesdays and Fridays). When I was nervous about sending Cohen off to school, I didn't think ahead far enough to realize that his love for school would overshadow my missing him. The activities and adventures and his explanations of these things in great detail make him being in school quite exciting!
 |
| The boys on Cohen's first day of school |
 |
| About to head into school |
|
 |
| Greeted by his teacher |
After the first few days of school we had a long weekend up north for Labor Day! Check out Nana playing bags below (SHE'S 94)!!
 |
| I had to throw in Cohen at the Olympics with his 8th grade buddy |
Love the pictures and the blog about school.
ReplyDeleteLove the part about Ava - how sweet!
I think Asher was actually smiling in one of the pictures.
:)
Asher with the bat and the boys on the first day of school along with Sean and Cohen on Scott's shoulders - all so cute! I love your blog!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if Cohen ever went. jk. I love all the pictures and I really want to see one of Ava now!! :)
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing michelle! the stories and pictures are wonderful! make sure to share pictures with you and the boys too!!! i love you michelle and miss you lots.
ReplyDelete