Monday, February 28, 2011

We're Gonna Keep Him--Asher John Schelp

Well, it was decided today by Cohen "Mom, I really want to keep Asher".  I didn't realize he thought that was a decision in the works, but glad we got it all squared away.  He's definitely a keeper.  We're all enjoying Asher very much.  I forgot how much I love having a newborn baby.  He and I are pretty much attached, except when he sleeps which is when I make sure to give Cohen and Sean even more attention than usual.  The balance is working out well, and somehow I'm even able to nap each day.  Asher is still very much in sleepy mode, but even awake he is very content.  I wasn't too worried about the boys adjusting to him, but you never know.  So far so good-hugs and kisses all day, lots of questions about him and what he does, why he does things, what he eats etc.  They're very curious.  Tuesday and Thursday Sean and Cohen are staying in their respective daycare/preschool situations-leaving Asher and Mommy to do Mom and baby things.  Monday, Wednesday, Friday will be a little more hectic, we're really looking forward to Spring and getting outside!  The past week has already flown by.  My mom and dad came up the day after Asher was born.  They were a huge help to Scott and I, made meals, stocked us up with healthy yummy food, and made sure we were all well taken care of.  They worked really hard cooking, cleaning, doing a million things for me and taking care of Cohen and Sean.  It was hard for me to say goodbye :(  Bill and Judy are excited to meet Asher this weekend and we're looking forward to having them here.  They too have mentioned taking care of all things cooking, something that is much appreciated as planning meals has all but gone out the window for me.  Just ask Scott, who has lost a noticable amount of weight recently.  Not sure if it was more due to me being sick, and him doing everything around the house and with the boys, in constant motion, or me being sick and not cooking-both I guess!  Okay, enough rambling---some pictures!













6 comments:

  1. Yay for pictures! He is perfect, love the picture of Sean in the bouncy seat and Cohen reading to Asher, so sweet. Congrats to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, love pictures! The one with Scott and the boys is so cute! He looks very proud. Glad to hear that everyone is adjusting, but I'm not one bit surprised because seriously - you are super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures. Glad to hear Asher is a keeper. I can't wait to meet him and see all of you, hopefully soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with everyone - love the pictures! I can't wait to meet Asher. Asher has two great big brothers. Time to update your profile on the blog. You are truly blessed with a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every picture was better than the next! Cohen is so compassionate towards Asher and Sean he cracks me up! The pictures with of him with the guitar is so awesome! It's so him!!! I miss everyone. Give the boys a big hug and kiss from me. Wow... I already can see how Asher has grown. He's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete