Saturday morning we got bundled and dressed again for the 50th and France business trick or treating. It's pretty much the way it sounds, all of the businesses down the road from our house hand candy out. For whatever reason, I got pretty competitive about it this year. Asher was not lasting so I made Scott take him home for a nap while Cohen, Sean and I kept going. I love how I try to get them the most candy, and then hardly let them eat any of it. Although if we're being honest, they each got 3 (which ends up being 5) pieces the night before and that morning. We're pretty healthy eaters, it makes me happy to let them go big for a few days.
I had off on Halloween so I took Asher and Sean to Barnes and Noble, where we met up with Asher's daycare provider Carol (Sean goes there 1x per week) and the other daycare kiddos. Everyone dressed up, listened to storytime and then participated in a little parade around the store to gather goodies.
I am one of 3 room reps for Cohen's classroom, so later that day I helped throw a classroom Halloween party. This was not your typical classroom party, this thing entailed 2 meetings at the local wine bar for the room reps. We had stations for the kids, they were super busy and content, played a large group game of BINGO and all was well. The party ended too close to school letting out for me to go home, so of course we had to celebrate our hosting gig by heading for a drink a block from school while we waited for school to let out. Being a room rep takes a lot of time and effort :)
After picking Cohen up from school we ate dinner, and then did neighborhood trick or treating. We walked around the two surrounding blocks with all of our neighbors who have kids, and then met up with our other friends and their kids and went to their neighborhood. I'm not sure that we need to celebrate Halloween in this fashion next year. I have not posted pictures of the kids (or me) crying while trying to put 19 layers under costumes, then adding mittens, scarves, hats etc. It got to be a little Halloween overload.
A few days later I flew to Chicago where a group of friends picked me up, and we all drove to Indianapolis for Tonia's baby shower. She's having a girl in December! There have been so many boys in this group, it was really fun to see the cute girly clothes she received. We stayed in a hotel for 2 nights, and I flew back Sunday. I had so much fun not just catching up, but really spending quality time with friends. This weekend should be relatively low key. Cohen is at his first "later in the eve" play date. They told us we could pick him up at 9PM tonight and I almost choked. These people let their kids party! Selfishly I want my kids in bed so Scott and I can watch a movie, so I'll send Scott around 8 to go retrieve him.
I almost forgot-Sean's class led chapel at school this week. Cohen's school starts late, so I was able to take Cohen and Asher to Sean's chapel. I get teary eyed thinking about how excited and proud Sean was standing up doing his thing while we watched!
I love your Fullween!!! It sounds like it was a great (and very busy!!!) week! Kevin was in WI so Murphy and I prepared for tons of trick or treaters by buying 2 huge bags of candy, putting Hocus Pocus on in the background (you can see our tv from the front door)... and waited for the little ones to come! We got ten kids the first 5 minutes and then nothing! After 1.5 hours waiting I took my "trick or treaters welcome" sign off the door, turned off the Halloween movie and ate the candy. :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys know how to celebrate Halloween! I was a room mom back in the dark ages and it never involved wine. :) LOVE IT! The Schelps sure know how to make memories.
ReplyDeleteYour Halloween looked amazing! I love the pictures and your trunk. That sounds so fun!
ReplyDeleteBeing room rep does involve a lot of work...and apparently a lot of drinking too :)Halloween looks like it was a fun time!
ReplyDelete