Monday, November 22, 2010

Miller High Life and Curious George

The weekend was to be a "Mommy, Cohen, and Sean weekend" as we were referring to it.  Until Friday.  The three of us left for reading group, and while driving away and saying goodbye to Scott, Cohen started to cry.  Scott came back to the car, and somewhere in the goodbyes and "I'll see you Sundays" came "Oh buddy...you want to come with Daddy?".  The tone very much said...because secretly I want you to come and if you want to you can probably talk me into it.  Even though the offer was made, we got Cohen happy, agreed to see Daddy on Sunday, did the reading group thing, and came back home.  To Scott....who was supposed to have left already.  He got caught up in some work, but as soon as I saw his car in front of the house I knew it was to be a "Mommy and Sean weekend".  Sure enough, after more discussion and Scott's approval, Cohen was putting on his up north flannel, gathering up his stuffed George and toys and packing himself into the car to go hunting. 

Bill doesn't hunt, Scott and Matt do, so it worked out well.  Cohen hung out with Grandpa and made meals while Scott and Matt were outside.  Friday they went to Cohen's beloved PI Pub.  That alone made his trip memorable as he plays the claw game non stop at the pub.  He won a bunch of stuffed animals, ate fish, and was one of the guys. 


Saturday I took Sean to Curious George Live at the Target Center.  We missed Cohen greatly but really enjoyed the show.  Sean could have gone either way as far as attention span but once the lights were turned off, he immediately wanted to be in my lap, holding hands, watching the stage.  He sat like that the entire time.  It was awesome.  He fell asleep before we even left the parking structure!  I told my Mom that although I had many times alone with Cohen, I haven't had that many with Sean and I really made sure to enjoy every moment of our weekend together. 

4 comments:

  1. What a special weekend for the Schelp family. Love the pictures. Cohen I love your up north flannel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! You are such a good mommy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone at the Schelp family was building memories and having fun! It's great to have one on one time -- I know dad and I loved our first nonna and papa weekend with Cohen and truly look forward to having times like that with Sean and Three! Cohen is the claw game champ!!! Looks like Sean and George are good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Sean! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete