Tuesdays and Thursdays Cohen goes to St. Peter's for preschool. It's proven to be wonderful Kindergarten practice for both him and for us. He gets assigned projects, snack days, take home bags, and of course homework. I've already had my share of mishaps (we missed snack day last week), and forgot to bring our portion of the class trail mix (2 cups of something to add to the trail mix for each child, Cohen contributed nothing). Luckily I've recently had the realization that this will continue unless I start paying attention, writing things down, entering reminders etc. My 4 year old now has calendar reminders in my Outlook at work. I'm already slightly freaking out about real live every day school, for multiple children. I proclaimed to a Mom at church after listening to her school involvement that I'll be quitting my job ASAP to manage my children, their schedules, and my volunteering at school schedule (she must be there all day everyday the way she was talking). For real-I don't get it, but hopefully sooner rather than later we'll get a good system going. To start we now work on homework nightly, rather than only the nights before preschool. Above is my dedicated student hard at work practicing his letters and numbers. Tonight we did "D", "d", "E", "e", "4", and "3". We need more work with "4"....a lot of work. Focus on the positive-he's really good at and enjoys writing "e" and "d"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cute little student!
ReplyDeleteIt might be time for a Mom Calendar! :) Cohen I love your D's - Good work!
ReplyDeleteCohen has homework. Where is the time going. He is such a cutie. You're a good mom! You just have a lot of balls in the air. You'll get to volunteer at school. A calendar posted on the refrig will keep the Schelp boysschedule in order along with their mom and dad. It works for Aunt Jan! :)
ReplyDeletelove that you have reminders on your work outlook. you'll soon keep reminders in your car so you don't forget to stop to pick whatever up before heading home. balancing act it is! sounds like you're getting it! I'd have to agree with Angela! Cohen your penmanship is beautiful. Nice job Cohen! I can see you take alot of pride in your work.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You can now update your "My Profile"!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCohen-what a handsome little shaver you are! Good to see you doing your homework and practicing your D's E's 4s and 3s...That could be the name of a song.
ReplyDeleteI love your brown shirt, but more than that I love your smiling face.
Hoping all is well at school. Proud of you as always-Papa